How would you like it if your email address ends with your domain name or a preferred name of your choice?
There are so many generic email addresses that different people and business-minded individuals are using. But some are yet to know that using a generic email address is not good for business.
In this article, we will be looking at how to create a business email address the right way. We will also be looking at the importance of using a business email address.
What is a business email address?
A business email address is an email address that is used by an individual, organization, or company.
A good business email address is supposed to end with the business domain URL, for example (URL 9jatide.com, Email [email protected]). From the example given, we would notice the email address ended with my domain URL “9jatide.com”.
While on the other hand generic email may look like [email protected] If you also notice this time around we ended the email address with Gmail.com. Also, Gmail is owned by Google and it is not representing your business the right way. Gmail and other Email providers are usually good for personal purposes and not business-wise.
Why would you need a business email address?
There are a lot of reasons for you to need a business email address, some includes:
- Giving customers, companies, or individuals a level of trust.
- It gives you the chance to promote your business.
- Can be easily remembered.
- A custom email address displays professionalism.
What do you need to get a custom business email address?
If you own a website or a blog you don’t need to do much to get a custom business email address. This is because you can easily set a custom business email address up, on your host.
Below are the things you need to have before looking forward to a custom business email address.
- Hosting plan
The hosting plan is a plan which is usually paid for. Normally you will need to have a hosting provider for you to be able to purchase a plan.
If you are yet to get one quickly host your email or website on Truehost they are good, especially if you want to go for a low-budget hosting plan.
Also, my website (9jatide.com) and email address ([email protected]) are being hosted on Truehost. You will also get an unlimited email address when you buy from Truehost, all the prices are pocket friendly.
Also, you can go for just a custom email hosting service, that is if you intend to host only your custom business email address.
Who will need this? This can be used for those using the free Ezoic hosting platform because the free Ezoic hosting platform doesn’t support Email hosting as of the time of publishing this article.
You might need your domain URL to integrate with your custom email address too.
It is always advisable to get a website if you intend to move your business to the next level, or if you have a long-term plan for your business.
Okay, as I said above you will need a domain to carry out this process successfully. Remember what we said? Your domain name represents your brand. If your website is 9jatide.com it will be ideal if you end your custom email address with your domain URL for example; [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected]. The three examples given ends with our domain name.
Step-by-step procedure on how to create a custom business email address
Below is a step-by-step guild on how to create a custom business email address for your business:
1. Log in to your hosting platform.
2. Look for “Email account“. If you are using Truehost, just scroll down to shortcut. If you are hosting on other platforms, you can locate “Email account” by logging into your Cpanel area.
3. If you’ve successfully found it, click on create an email account. As you can see below, I already have one custom business email account for my blog. My user interface (UI) might look a little bit different from yours. This might be because of different UI from different hosting companies.
4. Fill in the email box area. If you take a look at the image below carefully you will notice that my blog URL or domain name (9jatide.com) is after the “@” symbol. This can’t be changed because I am registering this new custom email on my hosting plan where my blog 9ja Tide is being Hosted. Also, don’t forget to Fill out the password box.
5. Set the quota (MB) size. For those who don’t understand this, the quota represents the percentage of space given to the email address. For example, you may like to assign a size of 4GB from your allocated space, let’s say you paid for a 20GB hosting plan and assigned 4GB to your custom email account. You can also set the quota to unlimited.
6. Finally, our custom business email account is ready, you can now access it through Webmail. Using your login credentials.
You can also check out the email account configuration details, this is very useful if you intend to use an app, Android, IOS, or other Email apps to access your custom business email account.
Opening a generic email account is not ideal for business, it is usually used for individual purposes. But with the use of a custom business email address you are sure of promoting your business, displaying professionalism, and also giving your customers reasons to trust you.
You don’t need much to create a custom business email address, all you need is a hosting plan and a domain. This is because the host is where your incoming messages, drafts, sent, and archives will be saved. While on the other hand the domain will be also used in creating a custom business email address, and I also gave an example like our email address ([email protected]) you guys use in contacting us.