Getting original laptop batteries can be frustrating sometimes, because of the high rate of fake batteries on the market, even on the best online store. Many people do ask me how do I know the original laptop battery or How to know original and fake laptop batteries.
Original and fake batteries can be sometimes hard to differentiate sometimes, but I will show you a few tips on how to differentiate or know the original battery and a fake one and what to look out for when purchasing one.
- when buying a laptop battery make sure you buy from a store and not from roadside sellers so as if anything goes wrong you can go back for a refund or send a mail to them about the bad battery, in some cases well-known stores do sell fake as original sometimes.
- when purchasing a replacement battery it is usually advised to buy from your brand (dell hp Lenovo Toshiba etc ) stores as batteries purchased here are proven to be original.
- make sure your brand logo is placed on the replacement battery, as most fake batteries come with no brand name like the one below.
- When buying a battery be sure of the size or capacity of the battery. Let’s say I have a dell 6 cell battery with 4000mah capacity and I went to the market to purchase one, only for me to discover a dell 6 cell battery with a 5200mah. Beware this kind of battery are most likely fake.
Another way to check if the battery is original download on your windows.
I don’t know if it’s available for MAC but you can google it, it’s free. it looks like the image below it brings out details of your battery
Unzip battery info view with WinRar or 7zip.
The picture shown below is a dell 3330 battery original and a fake battery.
Original dell 3330 battery.
Fake dell 3330 battery.
How long should original laptop battery last
I saw an article on DELL FAQ about laptop battery which might be helpful.
“All rechargeable batteries wear out with time and usage. As time and cumulative use increase, the performance will degrade. For the typical user, noticeable reduction in run time generally will be observed after 18 to 24 months. For a power user, reduction in run time generally may be experienced within 18 months. We recommend buying a new Dell laptop battery when the run time does not meet your needs”
- Some fake batteries don’t come with a brand logo, you will normally see something like ( rechargeable battery) or so.
- Most fake batteries are cheap, just know if you are getting that juice for a cheaper rate it will cost you. I ain’t saying they don’t sell fake battery in a costlier rate don’t get me wrong.
- Some fake batteries last two hours or less.
- Most fake batteries can barely last a year, most fake batteries I bought last nine-month or less.
I hope after reading this you would be able to differentiate between an original and a fake laptop battery.
You can drop your comments below.
You may also like our 10 amazing PC shortcut you’ve not been using.
14 thoughts on “How to differentiate between original and fake laptop batteries”
Hi there, just wanted to tell you, I liked this article.
It was practical. Keep on posting!
Hi, thanks for stopping by. We love to create engaging articles and we won’t stop anytime soon.
Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you actually
know what you are talking approximately! Bookmarked. Kindly additionally consult with my website =).
We will have a link trade contract between us
Hi, Power we are so glad you love what we are sharing. You can email us at [email protected] for more enquires
Its like you read my mind! You seem to understand so much approximately this, such ass yyou wrote the e-book in it or something.
I think hat you could do with a few p.c. to force the messdage home a bit,
but instead of that, this is excellent blog. A great
read. I will definitely be back.
Hi Iqos Heets Dubai thanks for stopping by, we really appreciate your comment and we are also working hard to bring more interesting articles like this.
We stumbled over here different website and thought I should check things out.
I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to going over your web page for a second
Hi thanks for stopping by, you could also bookmark our website or subscribe so you don’t miss out on an inche.
Hey! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted
to give a quick shout out and say I truly enjoy reading your posts.
Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects?
Hi, Silver/Red we are glad you found us. unfortunately, we don’t have any we can refer to, but you can check out this article from HP manufacturers https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_1997174-1380137-16
We are a group of volunteers and starting a brand
new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with helpful
info to work on. You have performed an impressive job
and our whole community can be grateful to you.
Hi, Omnipod, we are so happy that our website is being a help to you and others.
You could definitely see your expertise in the work you write.
The world hopes for even more passionate writers such as you
who are not afraid to say how they believe. At all times follow your heart.
Hi, Rocktape tanks for stopping by. Your comment is an inspiration to us.