Getting original laptop batteries can be frustrating sometimes, because of the high rate of fake batteries on the market, even on the best online store. Many people do ask me how do I know the original laptop battery or How to know original and fake laptop batteries.
Original and fake batteries can be sometimes hard to differentiate sometimes, but I will show you a few tips on how to differentiate or know the original battery and a fake one and what to look out for when purchasing one.
- when buying a laptop battery make sure you buy from a store and not from roadside sellers so as if anything goes wrong you can go back for a refund or send a mail to them about the bad battery, in some cases well-known stores do sell fake as original sometimes.
- when purchasing a replacement battery it is usually advised to buy from your brand (dell hp Lenovo Toshiba etc ) stores as batteries purchased here are proven to be original.
- make sure your brand logo is placed on the replacement battery, as most fake batteries come with no brand name like the one below.
- When buying a battery be sure of the size or capacity of the battery. Let’s say I have a dell 6 cell battery with 4000mah capacity and I went to the market to purchase one, only for me to discover a dell 6 cell battery with a 5200mah. Beware this kind of battery are most likely fake.
Another way to check if the battery is original download on your windows.
I don’t know if it’s available for MAC but you can google it, it’s free. it looks like the image below it brings out details of your battery
Unzip battery info view with WinRar or 7zip.
The picture shown below is a dell 3330 battery original and a fake battery.
Original dell 3330 battery.
Fake dell 3330 battery.
How long should original laptop battery last
I saw an article on DELL FAQ about laptop battery which might be helpful.
“All rechargeable batteries wear out with time and usage. As time and cumulative use increase, the performance will degrade. For the typical user, noticeable reduction in run time generally will be observed after 18 to 24 months. For a power user, reduction in run time generally may be experienced within 18 months. We recommend buying a new Dell laptop battery when the run time does not meet your needs”
- Some fake batteries don’t come with a brand logo, you will normally see something like ( rechargeable battery) or so.
- Most fake batteries are cheap, just know if you are getting that juice for a cheaper rate it will cost you. I ain’t saying they don’t sell fake battery in a costlier rate don’t get me wrong.
- Some fake batteries last two hours or less.
- Most fake batteries can barely last a year, most fake batteries I bought last nine-month or less.
I hope after reading this you would be able to differentiate between an original and a fake laptop battery.
You can drop your comments below.
You may also like our 10 amazing PC shortcut you’ve not been using.